You can also download these guidelines as a Microsoft Word document.
When applying for a CTN Grant, please provide the following information in this order. Use these headings, subheadings and numbers. Section II should not exceed 2,000 words.
To submit a grant, prepare a written proposal according to the CTN Grant Application Guidelines. When the proposal is completed, email as a PDF file to CTN@wayne.edu Note in the SUBJECT field that you are submitting a new grant application.
Section I – Applicant Information (All items required.)
- Date of Application
- Organization /name/address (If the organization is a school, include the name of the school district)
- Project/Program Title
- Contact Person/title/phone/email
- Amount requested
- Project start and end dates
Section II – Narrative (Limited to 2,000 words.)
- Executive Summary
- Briefly explain why your organization is requesting this grant, what outcomes you hope to achieve, and how you will spend the funds if the grant is awarded.
- Purpose of Grant
- Statement of needs/problems to be addressed; description of target audience and how they will benefit.
- Description of project goals, measurable objectives, action plans, and statement as to whether this is a new initiative or a supplement to ongoing programs/services.
- Timetable for implementation.
- If applicable, list additional partners in the project and their roles.
- Key personnel for the project
- Strategies to support/continue the project at end of grant period.
- Plans for evaluation including how success will be defined and measured.
- Description of how evaluation results will be used and/or disseminated and, if applicable, how the project will be replicated.
- If applicable, description of the active involvement of students or project/program constituents in evaluating the program.
- Budget Description
- Technology expenses
- Description, quantity, unit cost, and total cost for all equipment/connectivity
- Additional expenses
- Expenditures in addition to the technology/connectivity that will be purchased for the project/program
- Description of in-kind support for the project
- Supplemental resources
- List of grants, contributions, or other sources of revenue, if any, to be used for the project
- Technology expenses
Section III – Budget Worksheet
- Include a one-page summary of the project budget by category. Sample categories include:
- Purchased Services
- Printing and Copying
- Other (specify)
- Include total amount requested from CTN.
- CTN policy does not allow for indirect cost expenses.