Who can apply for a CTN Grant?
K-12 educators, Wayne State University faculty and graduate students, and nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations within Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties can seek funding. Community organizations within Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties are also eligible for CTN grants.
When is the application deadline?
CTN accepts grant applications throughout the year. There is no application deadline.
What types of Projects/programs will be funded?
CTN seeks to develop and support innovative projects that use digital technologies to:
- Establish learning environments that demonstrate new and creative technology applications.
- Create educational opportunities using the Connected Learning model.
- Provide cutting edge skill building and professional development for educators.
- Increase access to digital technologies and their benefits, working through schools and community-based organizations serving children and families.
- Support regional talent development for high-demand career areas.
Once I submit a proposal, when will I know if my project has been funded?
The CTN Board reviews grant applications as they are received. Applicants receive email notification of the board’s funding decision within approximately six weeks.
What criteria does CTN take into account when considering a proposal?
What we consider:
- Innovation for the applicant’s organization
- New technology utilization
- Student or community reach/impact
- In the case of limited reach/impact, level of innovation is considered
- Potential for replication
- Ability to sustain the project on an on-going basis
What we avoid:
- Sustaining or supplanting an existing program
- Administrative fees / indirect costs
- Start-ups seeking co-funding
- For-profit institutions
Who do I contact if I have questions about CTN grants?
The best way to contact CTN is by sending a message to CTN@wayne.edu Be sure to include your phone number if you would like to be contacted by phone.
How do I submit a CTN grant?
To submit a grant, prepare a written proposal according to the CTN Grant Application Guidelines. Email the proposal as a PDF file to CTN@wayne.edu Note in the SUBJECT field that you are submitting a new grant application. Your submission will be acknowledged by email.